When one [or both!] spouses experience job loss, it is not surprising that changes in the equilibrium, responsibilities, and expectations about their relationship can happen. The Tri-City Unemployment Group (TUG,) is sponsoring a special presentation by Bonnie Artman, a local marriage and family therapist, to offer guidance, information and insight on facing these challenges together and not only surviving, but learning and growing in the process.
The program Wednesday, November 12, 7:00 PM in the Library’s lower level meeting room, is ideal for those families/couples that have someone unemployed, under-employed, or just looking for a new employment opportunity. Registration is $15 for individuals/$20 for couples. In these difficult economic times and job related stresses, there is help for families to understand and cope with new emotional pressures. Pre-registration is required. Registration forms are available at the Information Services Desk at the Library
TUG is a local group which meets at the Library and offers participants career management services, job-seeking skills, education, and training, in an environment of mutual support, networking, and maintaining a positive outlook. The group meets on alternate Monday evenings in the lower level meeting room at the St. Charles Public Library.
- Tear off roof ventura county on Lawyer in the Library
- I love my dogs and I spend a lot of time with them. I learn everything I can about them and love to find interesting sites to visit where I can learn and do new things. I am retired but never tire of finding great sites to visit and learn from thank you. on Rin Tin Tin and Other Special Dogs
- Lia Rosane on What to do with unwanted electronics
- Janiemania on Time to start planning your garden
- Summer Reading Sign-in June 17, 2013
- Ballet DVDs May 20, 2013
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller June 11, 2013