With the elections right around the corner, now is the time to make sure you are registered and know where to vote! Until October 7th you can conveniently register here at the Library. There is a registration “grace period” from Oct. 8 – 21, but you must register and vote in-person at the Kane County Clerk’s office during that time. Get all of the details on the Kane County Election website.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 4. If you know you’ll be out of town (or your schedule makes it difficult to get to your polling place on the 4th) don’t forget that there are options for absentee and early voting.
Finding it hard to separate fact from fiction when listening to the candidates and their surrogates? Check out FactCheck.org for some non-partisan fact checking. We have more links and information about the 2008 elections on our Election 2008 “Hot Topic” page.
Voting is a great privilege and one we encourage everyone to take advantage of!
- Tear off roof ventura county on Lawyer in the Library
- I love my dogs and I spend a lot of time with them. I learn everything I can about them and love to find interesting sites to visit where I can learn and do new things. I am retired but never tire of finding great sites to visit and learn from thank you. on Rin Tin Tin and Other Special Dogs
- Lia Rosane on What to do with unwanted electronics
- Janiemania on Time to start planning your garden
- What the Staff is Reading–May May 13, 2013
- Reel Life May 1, 2013
- Listening Station 4.15 April 15, 2013
- StCharlesPL: @cornelianil :D (not possible) May 18, 2013