Barnes & Noble
If you have a new eReader or tablet computer, congratulations! We’d love to help you get started checking out library books online. We hope you’ll love borrowing digital books for free.
- Library books are checked out to you for 14 days.
- You don’t have to worry about returns or over dues, the books are returned automatically.
- You may have up to 5 downloadable items checked out at once.
- Most eBooks may be returned early (so you can download another immediately) and you may place holds on checked-out items.
How you download library items depends on your device.
- Have a Kindle?
- Have a Nook, Sony, or other eReader?
- Own an iPad, Xoom, smartphone or other tablet computer?
- Would you rather listen? You can download audiobooks to compatible devices, too!
The My Help! on our eBook site is easy to use and understand. Just click the icon to get started.
If you would like some in-person assistance, we offer drop-in sessions for adults and children accompanied by an adult. No reservation is required, but please bring your device,and any and all cords. If you are using a Nook or other eReader and own a laptop, please bring it with you, too.
We have lots of upcoming dates and times for you to choose from.
Tips and Tricks:
All readers, except Kindles, read the Adobe EPUB format.
Begin your search for titles on the Library’s eBook/eAudiobook site.
If you do an advanced search, you can limit to your device’s format, items that are immediately available to checkout, and genres such as mysteries, biographies, or romance.
You’ll need your library card and PIN to checkout. The default PIN is changeme. If you’ve changed your PIN, but can’t remember it, it can be emailed to you.
If you’re a Kindle owner, you’ll need to have your Amazon login and password.
Photo:Sapphireblue on Flickr via everystockphoto
More Free Stuff!
Since we’re talking about free digital stuff, don’t forget that we also have free music downloads (3 per week, and you get to keep the music). And if you like to listen to books, but don’t want to download them, you might like to check out a digital Playaway device. Youth Playaways and Playaway Views are available for kids, too. Just supply your own headphones and batteries and you’re good to go.