This summer’s Yu-Gi-Oh tournament, for students who have finished grades 3-8, will be held on Monday, July 30, from 1:30-5:00 PM. If you would like to join it, please register with your St. Charles Public Library card at our registration calendar or Ask Youth Services.
- When you arrive at the tournament, you must check in with the tournament organizers.
- Tournament sign-in will be open from approximately 1:15 – 1:25 PM. Walk-in registrants will not be accepted, unless pre-registrants have not arrived by 1:25 PM.
- No new registrations will be taken after 1:25 PM. We will begin the tournament once all players are signed in.
- All players may remain for the entire 3-1/2 hours. Cheer your friends to victory!
- Prizes will be Yu-Gi-Oh card packs
- The tournament will be played in advanced format: the forbidden list is in effect and will be enforced. The forbidden and limited lists can be accessed at http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html
- No counterfeit cards allowed.
- Players’ main deck must have a minimum of 40 cards and a maximum of 60 cards. Both the Side Deck and Extra Deck can have any number of cards up to a maximum of 15.
- Decks will be checked before the tournament starts.
- Players will be assigned numbers and paired randomly.
- Players 5 or more minutes late to any round will automatically take a game loss.
- Players 10 or more minutes late to any round will lose that round.
- All players will play 4 matches regardless of their win/loss record.
- Following the Preliminary Rounds the top 8 players will advance to the Single Elimination Rounds.
- Single Elimination Rounds are best of 3 games.
- Each round is limited to 30 minutes.