Laura deals with isolation in various ways, from music to exercise to cooking. On page 26 it says, “She was starved for conversation and laughter, for the simple tangency of other bodies.” Could you manage such solitude? And how do you feel about her continued struggle to survive? Would you have kept going as she did?
An evocative tale of adventure, apocalypse and the afterlife.
- Sarah Meyer on If Life Gives You An Opportunity to Apply for a Job in Antarctica . . .
- Online Discussion Now Open! | Community Reads on Question #4
- A Few of Kevin Brockmeier’s Favorite Things | Community Reads on Online Discussion Now Open!
- Online Discussion Now Open! | Community Reads on Question #3
- Our Community Reads! | Readers on Question #1