You are here
90 minute sessions (up to three per day) reserved for St. Charles Public Library cardholders in good standing with Internet permission. Users must be high school age and older.
30 minute sessions (unlimited, depending on availability) available to adults (over 18), or high school students with St. Charles Public Library cards in good standing with Internet permission.
15 minute sessions (unlimited, depending on availability) available to adults (over 18), or high school students with St. Charles Public Library cards in good standing with Internet permission.
Microfilm/Microfiche Reader Printers: Available to all users
Research Computers: Available to all users
- Library Electronic Resources: online classes, articles and specialized research databases
- Library Catalog
- Microsoft Office 2010
Please note: During peak times you may have to wait for computers or give up your computer at the end of your session time. See staff to reserve the next available computer if all are being used. Technology Center users must vacate the Technology Center during scheduled classes. See the computer class calendar to plan your visit.
Technology Center and Info Commons
Staff and Equipment
Technology Center Staff are available to assist you in using Library computers and equipment. Call if you have questions about equipment, software or access: 630-584-0076 x208
Computers and Equipment
- iMac (One machine in the Info Commons. Stop at the Computer Help Desk to arrange use.)
- Scanner in the Technology Center
- SimpleScan and Fax (Scan, save, email or fax documents for free) in Info Commons.
- Black & white and color printers
Software (subject to change and update) available on Technology Center, Internet and Express machines
- Operating System:
High-speed Internet access via multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer)
Libre Office 3
Adobe Digital Editions
Windows Media Player
Windows Live Movie Maker
Photo Story 3
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Items of Note:
- Please ask Library staff for assistance with equipment and software as needed.
- The Technology Center closes 10 minutes before the Library.
- The Technology Center is closed during library-sponsored computer classes. Please check the schedule.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the Technology Center. Covered beverages are allowed in the Info Commons.
Half of the funding for the Technology Center project was from a State of Illinois Live and Learn Construction grant. The other half was shared equally by the St. Charles Public Library Foundation and the Library. The Friends of the Library was a major contributor to the project through its gift to the Library Foundation.