You are here
Sunday Afternoon Concerts
The Sunday Afternoon Concerts feature a variety of local performers for your listening pleasure. This year's series includes alternating classical and popular music.
Questions? Contact Denise Blaszynski at 630-584-0076, ext. 240.
The performances are all at 2:00 p.m. in the Carnegie Community Room. Seating is limited for this free concert series. Doors will open 20 minutes prior to each performance. DROP IN
January 11 ■ Brian and Emily Wren Baxter. Brian will perform songs from ‘Book of Drum’, his premiere album featuring a collection of tracks exploring the diverse sounds and rhythms of the drum set through the lens of his life in Chicago. Emily Wren will perform a trio of harp pieces written by her husband Brian..
* January 25 ■ Paul Moeller and Kerena Moeller provide the beautiful combination of the classical guitar and cello. They have been recognized for their artistic beauty and exquisite ambience.
February 15 ■ The Limitations. This trio of experienced and knowledgeable musicians takes you on a journey back to the great American music prior to the British invasion with a focus on Sun Records, which spawned Johnny Cash, Elvis, Carl Perkins and many others.
* February 22 ■ Antiqua Baroque Consort will perform gems from the Baroque era of music, including works by composers Bach, Handel, Albinoni, Scarlatti, Torelli and Vivaldi. The consort has been praised for its innovative instrumental combinations in concert.
March 8 – The award-winning Bellissimo Handbell Choir of St. Charles is noted for beautifully orchestrated presentations of entertaining music. They will highlight the versatility of the handbell for music lovers of all ages.
* March 22 – Jason and Sherri Deroche of Ten Strings will blend the acoustic guitar and violin creating unique sound of classical songs.
* April 12 – Rob Murphy, a St. Charles resident and member of the Rockford Symphony Orchestra, will perform classical French horn pieces accompanied by his son, Alex. Alex also will perform a mix of solo classical and jazz piano pieces.
* Designates a classical concert funded through donations to the St. Charles Public Library Foundation. Drop In