You are here
Request for Proposal
Parking Lot Repair and Repaving Project
June 1, 2015
PROJECT: St. Charles Public Library
Summer 2015 Parking Lot Repair and Repaving Project
One S. Sixth Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174
CONTACT PERSON: Bryan Wood, Assistant Director
630-584-0076, Ext. 227
SCOPE OF PROJECT:
South West Parking Lot (Bounded by the Library, Route 25, and St. Marks Church.) Approximatley 210’ x 88’, with parking for 41 cars and a pick-up/drop off lane at the church entrance.
Project to consist of:
Cut out and milling/grinding off 2”on all of the old surface.
All old asphalt to be disposed of at an approved dumpsite.
Adjust/level and correct 4 drainage basins prior to pavement installation.
Adjust/.correct all sunken or severely deteriorated and unlevel areas.
Complete tackcoat of all milled surfaces prior to paving.
Adjust/grind and level surfaces to meet sidewalks. Check drainage slopes to drains.
Complete re-paving with a new 2” thick topcoat..
Roll to final compaction with a vibratory roller.
New paving to be gradually sloped to meet the diagonal sidewalk elevations.
Re-Strip lot to match original striping, lane indicators, arrows, and handicapped parking areas.
NOTE: Re-Striping to be done in white, not yellow.
- All work to be performed per current City of St. Charles paving/asphalt specifications.
- All areas to be properly treated, cleaned, and dry before sealing.
- All sealer to be commercial grade only; Product info. to be included with proposal.
- All work to be performed in a professional workmanlike manner.
- All curbs and landscaping to be protected from excess asphalt and sealer.
- Each sealer coat to completely dry before installation of second coat.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all spills, footprints, or contaminated areas on sidewalks and lawns.
- All areas to be clearly roped off and identified to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic after completion, and removed when completely driveable, dry and cured.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all clean-up and refuse removal.
All contractors and sub-contractors employed in this construction shall comply with all applicable provisions of the Illinois Human Rights Act and all Federal and State laws which prohibit discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, and physical and mental handicap and all rules and regulations, promulgated and adopted pursuant thereto.
Bids must be in compliance with the prevailing wage act as established by the State of Illinois, Kane County, and as adopted by the Library Board of Trustees.
The Library Board of Trustees of the St. Charles Public Library District reserves the right to waive any irregularities and to accept or reject any or all proposals.
To be completed Summer 2015:
July 20th to September 8, 2015. Exact dates to be arranged and scheduled, due to facility use, traffic and public needs.
REFERENCES and INSURANCE:
All proposals must be accompanied by a reference list consisting of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three references whom the contractor has performed work for in the last 24 months, for contract amounts in excess of $10,000.
Proposals received without verifiable references or a current certificate of insurance naming the St. Charles Public Library District as an additional insured will not be considered.
PROPOSALS DUE BY: Noon, Tuesday, June 30th, 2015.
Bryan A. Wood, Asst. Director
1 S. Sixth Avenue
St. Charles Public Library District
St. Charles, IL 61074
(630) 584-0076, Ext. 227