You are here
St. Charles Public Library District
Parking Lot Repair and Sealing Project
Request for Proposal
June 15, 2014
PROJECT: St. Charles Public Library Summer 2014
Parking Lot Repair and Sealing Projects
One S. Sixth Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174
SCOPE OF PROJECT:
The project shall consist of the following:
I. South Staff Parking Lot (Bounded by the Library, Illinois Avenue, and S. Seventh Street)
Project to consist of: Crack sealing, sealcoating, and striping of a 43 car parking lot.
Restripe to match the original striping, lane indicators, arrows, and handicapped parking areas. (Lot is two years old)
II. Far East Public Parking Lot (Bounded by the Route 64, Walnut Ave., the east lot, and South Seventh Avenue) Approximately 13,600 S.F.
Project to consist of:
- Cut out and milling/grinding off two inches on all of the old surface.
- All old asphalt to be disposed of at an approved dumpsite.
- Adjust/level and correct drainage basins prior to pavement installation.
- Adjust/correct all sunken or severely deteriorated and unlevel areas.
- Complete tack coat of all milled surfaces prior to paving.
- Adjust/grind and level surfaces to meet sidewalks. Check drainage slopes to drains.
- Complete re-paving with a new two inch thick topcoat.
- Roll to final compaction with a vibratory roller.
- New paving to be gradually sloped to meet the diagonal sidewalk elevation (See drawing).
- Restripe lot to match original striping, lane indicators, arrows, and handicapped parking areas.
NOTE: Restriping to be done in white, not yellow.
- All work to be performed per current City of St. Charles paving/asphalt specifications.
- All areas to be properly treated, cleaned, and dry before sealing.
- All sealer to be commercial grade only; product information to be included with proposal.
- All work to be performed in a professional manner.
- All curbs and landscaping to be protected from excess sealer.
- Each sealer coat to completely dry before installation of second coat.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all spills, footprints, or contaminated areas on sidewalks and lawns.
- All areas to be clearly roped off and identified to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic after completion, and removed when completely driveable, dry and cured.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all clean-up and refuse removal.
All contractors and sub-contractors employed in this construction shall comply with all applicable provisions of the Illinois Human Rights Act and all Federal and State laws which prohibit discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, and physical and mental handicap and all rules and regulations, promulgated and adopted pursuant thereto.
Bids must be in compliance with the prevailing wage act as established by the State of Illinois, Kane County, and as adopted by the Library Board of Trustees.
The Library Board of Trustees of the St. Charles Public Library District reserves the right to waive any irregularities and to accept or reject any or all proposals.
To be completed summer 2014: July 20 to September 8, 2014.
Exact dates to be arranged and scheduled.
NOTE: Due to traffic and public needs, only one lot will be closed and done at a time.
REFERENCES and INSURANCE:
All proposals must be accompanied by a reference list consisting of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three references for whom the contractor has performed work in the last 24 months, for contract amounts in excess of $10,000.
Proposals received without verifiable references or a current certificate of insurance naming the St. Charles Public Library District as an additional insured will not be considered.
PROPOSALS DUE BY: 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 18, 2014
(Please submit two separate quotes, one for each project).
Bryan A. Wood, Asst. Director
1 S. Sixth Avenue
St. Charles Public Library District
St. Charles, IL 61074
(630) 584-0076, Ext. 227