You are here
Attention all Scout Leaders – bring your scouts to the Library. Achievement and badge programs, as well as a special introduction to the Library including a tour and library hunt, are planned annually in the fall and winter.
- Workshops are designed to meet several of the required points of various Scout achievements, advancements, or badges.
- Please refer to your Scout manual for details on the remaining points needed to complete required work.
Check your calendars and think Library as you plan your activities for the year.
Current listing of programs:
Introduction to the Library – starting point for all Scout groups (K-8)
Especially for Leaders, we guide you to the resources for you to share with your Girl Scouts for their "Journeys" and "Skill Builder" badges.
How to register your Scouts for the workshops.
- Workshops are listed in Discover Your Library and on the Library’s website.
- Fall workshops are scheduled in September, October and November. Registration begins in September.
- Winter workshops are scheduled in January, February and March. Registration begins in January.
- Leader registers Scout group either in person at the ASK ME Desk or by telephone at 630-584-9390.
- One (1) adult is required for each four (4) Scouts.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate siblings.
- Registration closes two (2) days before the scheduled workshop.
Day of the Workshop.
- Arrive early and assemble your Scouts in the lower lobby.
- Prepare your Scouts for the learning atmosphere of the workshop.
- Distribute nametags for Scouts and adults to wear.
- One adult for each four Scouts is required. Remember to have prior arrangements for siblings.
- Workshop seating will begin10-minutes before scheduled start time.
Looking for a workshop on a different day.
- Look through the Scout books to determine activity, badge, or achievement.
- Contact Denise to talk about what is possible: 630-584-0076 ext. 236 or email.
- Contact other leaders who may also be interested in the same workshop.
- A minimum of 20 Scouts with one-adult for every four-Scouts is required.
- Also needed, are the leader names and phones, as well as, the school, grade, and number of Scouts per group.
- Plan ahead. Think Library when you are planning your calendar for the year.
- Check your calendar for several potential dates / months.
- Contact the Library 6-8 weeks in advance for the best selection of dates.
- Book fall dates after September 15 and Winter dates after December 15.
We look forward to providing service for your Scout group.