You are here
VHS to DVD Transfer Station
Transfer Your Old VHS Tapes to New DVDs
The Library has installed a VHS to DVD transfer station for SCPL cardholders. Simply bring in your VHS tape and a blank DVD, and go home with your family movies conveniently saved and accessible as a DVD.
- You can purchase a blank DVD from the Library for just 25 cents.
- If you prefer to bring in your own blank DVD, it must be a DVD-RW or DVD-R type (NOT a DVD+RW or DVD+R).
- As an alternative, you can also transfer VHS tapes directly to a USB flash drive. This is convenient if you are planning to edit the video online or share clips with family and friends.
- The transfer time is equal to the length of the video. Plan your arrival time at the Library accordingly; if you have three hours of family memories on tape, it will take three hours to convert.
- The equipment is located in our Technology Center. Please check in at the Computer Help Desk for availability or call 630-584-0076 ext. 208.
- When transferring to a USB flash drive, allow a minimum of 1.1 GB of memory for every 60 minutes of video.
- Instruction sheets are available at the VHS to DVD station.
- We are not able to assist the transfer of copyrighted material.
For help or additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Center - on the main level for SCPL cardholders in good standing - high school age and older. Technology Center closes during scheduled classes. See the computer class calendar to plan your visit.