You are here
Hours & Location
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.
After regular Library hours:
My Account allows you to easily access your personal library account.
The Library is registered with the Emergency Closing Center. You may also sign up to be notified by email if the Library is forced to close.
(Tip: Don't forget the period in "St. Charles" when searching for us.)
Special hours for 2015
- Thursday, January 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, February 16 (President’s Day)
- Sunday, April 5 (Easter)
- Friday, May 1 @ 6:00 pm (Staff Recognition Dinner)
- Friday, May 15 from 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (Staff training)
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)
- Saturday, July 4 (4th of July)
- Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)
- Friday, November 6 from 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (Staff training)
- Wednesday, November 25 @ 6:00 pm (Thanksgiving Eve)
- Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Thursday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Thursday, December 31 @ 5:00 pm (New Year’s Eve)
Map and Driving Directions
One South 6th Ave.
St Charles, IL 60174
630-584-9390 Youth Services
St. Charles Public Library serves a population of approximately 55,092 residents of the Fox River Valley community of St. Charles, Illinois, 35 miles west of Chicago. Although connected to the city by a commuter rail line in nearby Geneva, St. Charles strives to retain its small town heritage. The Library, with a total collection of approximately 400,000 items, offers a wide variety of information and recreational reading to meet the expectations of both the general public and local businesses. In addition, the Library maintains a full calendar of programs to both entertain and educate children and adults alike.
Library location map