One South 6th Ave., St. Charles, IL 60174
MON-THUFRISATSUN
9am - 9pm9am - 8pm9am - 5pm12pm - 5pm
MON-THUFRISATSUN
9am - 9pm9am - 8pm9am - 5pm12pm - 5pm

You are here

Annual Report Summary

Annual Report Summary 2015/2016

Snapshot of Library Accomplishments

  • The Library participated in the Dragon Boat Race and won the 1st place Spirit Award
  • The Library received 2nd place in the non-profit category in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
  • The Library’s One Book One Community program was an extreme success! There was a total of 968 attendees throughout all of the events. This includes the 525 people who attended the signature program featuring Judy Rantz Willman!
  • Youth Services Librarian Kristen Lawson was appointed to the Caudill Evaluators Committee for the Rebecca Caudill Young Readers’ Book Award
  • Outreach Services grew 132% in the amount of patrons served since April 2015
  • Outreach Librarian David Kelsey was elected to be a 2016-2017 Board Member-at-Large for the American Bookmobile & Outreach Services group
  • We celebrated a notable Trustee anniversary this year: Cynthia Steimle five years
  • Volunteers donated 2,771 hours of time to the library

 

Use of Library Resources

  • Print (books, periodicals) use, approximately +11%
  • Traditional audiovisual (DVDs, CDs, audiobooks) use, approximately +3%
  • Streaming, downloadable and electronic content use, approximately +12%
  • eBook use +46%
  • Total number of patrons who used at least one digital service 19,591
  • Circulation per cardholder 50.6 and circulation per capita 28 (+9%)
  • Borrowing from other libraries through LINC and OCLC -2%
  • Lending from other libraries through LINC and OCLC -1%
  • 1,541,418 books and other materials were checked out
  • 62% of checkouts = adult/young adult; 38% = children/students through 8th grade
  • 165,454 reference questions were answered: 2.95 per capita
  • 55.2% of our 55,092 residents have current St. Charles Public Library cards (+2.6%)
  • Teacher loan requests were filled with 3759 items for 155 loans

 

Resource Facts

  • Launched Lynda.com, which offers a wide variety of online training for the community.
  • Rolled out Hotspots and the devices were checked out 335 times.
  • 72% of the Library’s materials are print and the other 28% are digital
  • Total materials collection increased 2.9%, from 379,812 to 390,830
  • eBook collection increased by 54.9%; eAudiobook collection increased by 65.7%
  • 67% of the collection is adult and young adult material; 33 % of the collection is children and students through 8th grade
  • 33,081 physical items were added to the collection; 38,536 were withdrawn
  • Turnover rate of entire collection is 4.0 (compared to last year’s turnover rate of 3.7)

       2015-2016 Full Report 

   

 

11/2016